Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13))

2 posters

Go down

I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13)) Empty I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13))

Post  Adele Roux Sun May 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Ade sat in the passenger seat of the car, an ear bud in one ear, a cell phone pressed against the other. “We’re all worried about you, mon petit. Just be careful and remember to take your medicine.” The girl rolled her eyes, having heard this about 15 times already.

“I’m not a little girl anymore, Papa. Besides, I’ve dealt with worse things than high school. It’s not like anything is going to attack the school.” Ade smiled a bit as the car pulled to a stop in front of the main building. “I’ve got to go, Papa. Give Mama and Grandpa a kiss for me!” Ade hung up the phone, climbing out of the car. Her smile grew as closed the door and went around to the trunk. Truth was, she was nervous. She had been home schooled for as long as she could remember, she was a bit worried about how she would be seen. She looked down at herself, making sure that she looked presentable. Meeting her grandfather hadn’t been this nerve racking.

“I’ll let the office know you’re here, Ms. Roux.” The driver said, walking away from her. She nodded, pulling her messenger bag over her head. Closing the trunk, she wheeled her suitcase over to a bench, and sat down. Ade sat there for a moment, wondering what she should do. She could just follow the man into the building, but it sounded like he had intended her to stay there. She didn’t want to wonder; she’d most likely end up lost somewhere in the woods. Singing was out of the question; that would just be disastrous. Finally, she pulled out a book, and dove into the crappy world of sparkling vampires, idiotic humans, and shape-changers. I should have brought more books… she thought, rolling her eyes at the crappy novel.
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13)) Empty Re: I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13))

Post  Lucien Davis Sun May 29, 2011 3:56 pm

Lucien was out in the woods, past the border that was set to stop normal people crossing and getting themselves killed by the number of supernatural fiends that called the woods their home, and to stop them finding out about the students who happened to be of a supernatural nature.

His wings were out as he flew in the air above the woods, so high up that anyone looking up would think he was a bird.

"WHOOOOOO!" He shouted as he tucked his wings in and dived. He loved been able to fly. Words couldn't describe how free he felt, how it was to feel the air under his wings, how it was to look down on everything from so high up. He could see everything on the ground in perfect detail, like an eagle's vision. He saw animals in the woods, looking round for food or just walking. He saw other birds in the sky. And he saw.... a car pulling into Masquerade! A new person was here! Looking down in the direction of the car, Lucien saw a girl step out. She didn't look bad looking at all. And she was new, so she needed showing round, right? Right.

Whipping his wings out to slow his dive, Lucien leveled off, directed himself to a clearing in the woods on the safe side of the border and flew down there, landing gently on his feet. His wings retracted back into his back, glad that he'd thought to put slits into the back of his t-shirt so it wouldn't get ripped apart everytime he brought his wings out. He walked out of the woods, looking as if he'd just gone for a stroll. He started walking towards the school, acting as if he hadn't noticed the car from up in the air.

As he got closer, he saw the girl sitting on a bench, reading a book. Lucien could see the cover from here, and his lip curled as he recognised it. Why would she read that crap? His eyes, however, got distracted by something else. They directed themselves up the girl, settling on her bosom... she didn't seem to be lacking in that department. Pervy? Well, maybe a little... but Lucien was a guy, even if he was an Immortal. A teenage guy, with raging hormones.

Well, hello there... He thought as he walked over in her direction.

"Hi there." He said as he neared the girl. He looked at her suitcase as if he was just noticing she was new and he hadn't seen the car. "You new here?"
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13)) Empty Re: I should have brought more books ((Open; PG13))

Post  Adele Roux Sun May 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Ade closed the book, mumbling about how stupid the book truly was. She sighed, cursing herself for even buying the book in the first place. Tossing the book to the ground, she held her head in her hands. “My brain cells are dying thanks to that trash…” she mumbled, trying to get the burning images out of her head. “‘Read it, Ade. It’s a good book, Ade. All the girls are reading it, Ade.’ Yea, well, I think everything I know is coming out of my ears, thanks to this ‘great read’, Mama.” Knocking over the suitcase, Ade stood on it. She turned the book over in her hands, almost like weighing it, and let down her pony tail. Shaking out her hair, Ade tied the book shut and threw it almost like a Frisbee, smiling when the vile thing hit a tree with a nice ‘thunk’.

She stepped back, not expecting her heal to catch on the edge of the suitcase, making her fall backwards. “Ow…” she said, tucking hair behind her ear. Looking around to see if anyone had seen that, she saw a guy in all black walking towards her. She stood up quickly, dusting herself off. Crossing her arms over her chest, she narrowed her eyes at him. “You did NOT just see that, Pretty Boy.” Without giving him a chance to reply, she turned and started to dig through her bag for her sunglasses. “Yes, I’m new,” she said, a tone of annoyance shinning through her words.

She sat on the bench again, and continued digging through her bag. Pulling out a map of the school and its grounds, she tried to find where she was. Looking back at the guy, she held out the map. “Can you help me find the Nurse’s Office? Please?” she asked, giving him a smile. “It doesn’t look like the guy who drove me here is coming back.” She pointed to the building.
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun May 29, 2011 5:54 pm

As Lucien walked towards the girl, he saw her throw her book away, which hit a tree. It seemed she did have some sense after all. She then stepped back, and, not having eyes in the back of her head (Lucien had met many people here at Masquerade and none of them did either, so he didn't think there were any supernatural beings that did), she didn't notice her falle nsuitcase. She tripped over the back of it, falling over. She got back up and dusted herself off, before finally noticing him. When she did, she glared at him and told him he hadn't seen anything. He raised his eyebrow at the comment. It sounded like something he would say.

"Pretty boy?" Lucien chuckled as he said it. "Well, that's a new one. And thanks for the complement. You're not too bad looking yourself. But, on the small chance you even care or want to know, the name's Lucien."

When she said she was new, Lucien heard the tone of annoyance in her voice, again, much like him when he had arrived. But he had been hungy then, as well as in a bad mood. He had been in a bad mood cos he'd just found out that he still had to go to school, and he had been hungry... no, starving, because he'd been dead for a week, so he'd not had much chance to eat.

He watched as the girl routed through her bag, pulling out the map. She asked him the way to the nurse's office, said please, and even smiled at him. A total change in attitude there... Then again, she was pretty, and this lass probably knew that pretty girls got what they wanted when they acted nice. And it worked, too.

"Sure, Doctor Crusher's office is right this way. I'll take you there." Lucien started walking towards the school, when he finally realised that his sixth sense was niggling at him. That meant that this girl... wasn't human. Lucien wondered what she was. Maybe he'd inquire later. He would have grabbed her suitcase to bring in, and act like a gentleman, but he didn't know if this girl would bite his head off over it or not. So he decided not to take the chance. For all he knew, she'd could literally bite it off. Lucien might have been Immortal, but he didn't want to know how he'd heal if he had his head bitten off. Would he grow a new body? Or would he be able to control the body to pick his head up and put it back on? He didn't know, and didn't particularly want to.

While the girl's attention was on him, Lucien took the oppurtunity to make sure no poor sap would ever find the book that the girl had thrown at the trees. The gold rings around his irises flashed, and the book quickly and quietly spontaeneously combusted. It was there one second, gone the next. That book would never kill another brain cell.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adele Roux Tue May 31, 2011 2:14 am

Grabbing her things, Ade followed Lucien. She didn’t say much; instead, she took in her surroundings. Wind blew gently trough the trees, pulling her hair back from her shoulders. The trees themselves were teeming with life. The leaves were full green, and birds chirped happily in them. She looked up at the looming mansion, instantly reminded of her Grandfather’s home; the only thing different was the huge fountain in the front. She had heard that Ambre had loved running through its halls as a child, and that love for the house had grown as she did. “Mom would have loved this place…” she mumbled with a sigh.

Trying not to dwell on the hole left by her deceased mother, she turned her attention towards Lucien. His dark hair hung to the nape of his neck, resting against his collar. He was pretty tall; she guessed about 6 feet. She smiled a bit since she liked her men tall. Then there was his aura. Thinking about it then, she realized that it sent small chills down her spine. It had felt familiar, yet it was still so different from the others she had been exposed to. Perhaps Lucien was one of the other beings that went to the school. Or perhaps he was just one of those special humans she had learned about, like William Shakespeare or Michael Jackson. She could just figure it out with a simple touch, but where was the fun in that? It was always much more fun to get to know that person… or freak them out with her super awesome Reaper abilities. She decided to go with the former.

“So, Lucien… are you one of those special people here?” she asked, batting her eyes at him and giving him a smile. Ade hoped that he would catch on to her meaning, both in her words and physical. If there was one thing that her momma had taught her, it would be to tell the truth, and damn, was this boy fine. If all goes well, and Lucien is one of them, then maybe Grandfather will allow me to get closer to him, she thought, readjusting her tank with her free hand.
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 am

Luke didn't even bat an eyelid as the girl asked him if she was special, adding in some flirting there. Well, they'd got to the point here quicker than other people would. And if Lucien was one thing, he was honest. Sometimes... no, scratch that.... most times, he was a bit too blunt with his honesty. But Lucien was a blunt kind of person. He told it how it was, and didn't care about the consequences, most of the time. After all, it's not like anyone would be able to kill him. Something he'd thought to himself about a million times now when it came to him doing something that could get him in trouble or make him an enemy. Luckily, or rather, surprisingly, he hadn't made any enemies yet.

"Oh aye. I'm very special. Or else I wouldn't be here." He said, grinning. "But if you want to know what I am, you tell me what you are first. Well, apart from hot." As he finished that last sentence, he winked at the girl. "Oh, and I don't think I caught your name..."

Lucien was a very flirty person when he wanted to be, even though subtleness wasn't always something he was good at. That probably fell under the 'been blunt' part of his personailty. Since he'd come to the school, he had noticed that there were loads of supernatural people. Heck, half the people in his classes were of that persuasion. He didn't know what they all were, but his sixth sense screamed it at him about them, just like it did when he met this lass.

Now, Lucien was playing a bit of a dangerous game here. Trying it on with three girls was something that could cause him a lot of grief (and drama... as if drama lessons weren't enough) if he were found out. But there really wasn't much harm in flirting. He was a flirt by nature, and if he saw a good looking lass who bothered to talk to him, then he'd flirt away. After all, you only lived once, so you might as well enjoy it.

Of course, for Lucien, once was the equivalent to eternity, been an Immortal. But that just meant that he could have fun and enjoy himself forever. And it meant he'd get to meet many, many fine looking women. The only thing that was on the top of his mind most that wasn't girls was music, which was equally important to him... but girls were a lot more distracting and attractive than an instrument.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adele Roux Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 am

“Yes, but there are others here aren’t quite as special as you, Lucien. So that really doesn’t tell me anything,” Ade said a wicked gleam in her eyes. “For all I know, you could just be a mundane in on the secret of Masquerade! And I certainly wouldn’t want to give a big, handsome guy like you nightmares, now would I?” She shrugged, and gave him a sideways glance. Oh how she loved messing with people, especially guys. Show a bit too much skin, and a girl could go far. It certainly was a blast whenever she went to the mall…

Ade smiled again, thinking up ways to mess with the male population at this school, Lucien included. If they had a pool, then it would be time to be breaking out the bikinis; she was sure that they would all enjoy that. Ade knew that she had a few pairs of ripped skinnies in her suitcase, along with a few torn tanks. Her smile grew, thinking about their faces when they found out that she couldn’t date. Oh, that would be hilarious. Then there were also the classes. She’d have to tone it down a lot for classes, since it wouldn’t be fitting for her to get distracted and then sent away by the old man. And then she’d never hear the end of it from Mamma or Papa. Papa especially; that would be awful. If he found out, she would be stuck in Hellinka, never to see, hear, or smell the mundane world again.

“Then again,” she started, her face falling into a small frown. “I’m sure that you could handle the truth, Lucien, mundane or otherwise. Your aura tells me that much, for sure.” She stopped him and turned him, so he faced her. “It’s much too powerful to be a human’s; that much I’m sure of. But you’re difficult to place.” Ade reached up, a moved his bangs out of his eyes. Her frown grew more pronounced. “I can usually tell, but you’re different. Very interesting…” She leaned closer to his face, her head tilted to the side. “You’re very interesting, Lucien. I’ll certainly enjoy getting to know you…”

She leaned away, ran her fingers through her hair, and smiled at him. “Well, we best get on; I still need to drop off my medicine.” Acid seethed through the end of the sentence. Oh, how she hated that crap. How could they expect her to take that stuff while she was here? Couldn’t the old man just get one of his guards hired here at the school? Even if they were just a janitor, or even a gardener? Certainly that would much less revolting than that sludge. She shook her head, took a deep breath, and tried to rid herself of the wave of nausea that rolled over her. Swallowing hard, she spoke again. “My name is Adele, by the way. But I’d prefer that you call me Ade.”
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:04 pm

"Mundane? Me?! I'm not a boring mortal, if that's what you think!" Lucien said, feeling slightly insulted that the girl would even think he was a regular human. He knew she wasn't, and she said she could read his aura, so she must have known he was something more than a human in on the secret of Masquerade. "And I can assure you... you'd be facing a challenge if you wanted to give me nightmares. I don't want to sound full of myself, but there isn't much that scares me."

And there wasn't, either. Really, the only thing that scared Lucien was very tight, very cramped spaces. And that was understandable - he had, after all, been buried alive (though he had been dead at the time he was buried, and remained that way for a week... but when he woke up from been dead, he was buried alive), and that kind of thing was bound to mess you up in some way.

Now, been a bit of a flirt himself... okay, been a MASSIVE flirt himself, Lucien could tell what this lass was up to. But hell, she could flirt with him all she wanted. Lucien was quite happy with that, cos he'd just flirt back. This girl was hot, after all.

"Oh, aye. I can handle the truth, lass. And you're dead on when you say I'm not human... but if I left you to guess what I am, I'd be waiting a loooong time." Lucien had to admit, he wished he could tell what someone was from his sixth sense. All he could tell was whether or not they were human, which this person certainly wasn't. Maybe in time, his sixth sense would develop even more, so he could tell if someone was human, or vampire, werewolf, fae, demon or even another Immortal. But Lucien doubted he'd meet someone like him for a long, long time. "It'll be interesting to get to know you, too. But I'd prefer if you didn't call me mundane again. I might be many things, but boring isn't one of them. And neither's mortal."

Looking around, Lucien saw that there was no one else in the vicinity, human or otherwise. Good. That meant he could show this girl what he was. Relaxing, Lucien let his wings grow out from his back, going through the slits in his t-shirt. He had to admit, his wings were majestic. They were pure black, and if you measured from wing tip to wing tip, it'd come to about 15 feet.

"Ah, that's better... I hate having to keep them in all day." Lucien said, letting out a relieved sigh. "Anyways... I'm an Immortal. Of course, the name gives away one part of what I am - immortal. I can't die. I won't age. I heal from any wound almost instantly. And unlike Strigoi vampires, I don't need to drink blood or feed off of anyone's soul. But as well as that I can - obviously - fly. And then to top it all off, I can control the elements. Fire's my favourite to play with at the moment." As he said this, Lucien let a flame grow in the palm of his hand. "And I guess I better put my wings away before anyone sees..."

Lucien's wings retracted into his back, disappearing so fully that you'd never guess Lucien had wings. You'd never guess he was immortal, either. Without the wings out, he looked totally normal. Well, maybe not totally - his eyes were a bit of a giveaway. After all, not many people had gold rings around their irises.

"Medicine?" Lucien pulled a face as he said the word. Ugh, how he hated the stuff. He was glad he was immortal - he'd never get ill or have to take medicine again. "If you don't mind me asking - what do you need it for?"

The girl then introduced herself as Adele, though she said she'd rather be called Ade. Well, at least he'd be able to stop calling her 'the girl' or 'lass' now that he had a name to put to her face. Taking his eyes off of Ade for a second, Lucien looked up at the school.

"So... to Doctor Crusher's office then. It's right this way."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adele Roux Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 pm

“A challenge, eh?” Ade’s brow raised a playful smile on her lips. “I shall enjoy proving you wrong then, Lucien, which won’t prove to be difficult, by the way.” It would be simple scarring the boy. Simply show him what her voice could do when undaunted by the horrid medicine that she had to shove down her throat twice a day. By the end of the year, Ade would be good friends with this Dr. Cusher, what with all the visits to their office. Ade cursed her father for shoving this on her. If would only he would leave her alone…

Her teeth ground at the thought of the sperm donor. True, without his forced donation, she would have never been born. But if he had found some other Reaper to rape, the human population would still be under control, and then her kind would still have the option to live on Earth. But no, the beast had to choose her mother. And with how stubborn she was, she would have never of backed down. Her grandfather said that Ambre was nearly immortal when she died shortly after her birth. A wave of sadness washed over her, threatening to pull her under. But thankfully, Lucien pulled her out of her thoughts.

“You’re immortal?” she asked, her eyes wide. His statement sent Ade’s thoughts flying, questions filling her head to the brim. “How do you maintain it? What is your – oh, what do the humans call it? It’s another term for weakness... oh yes! What is your Achilles heel?” Ade dropped her things, and searched for a pencil. “You say you don’t need to drink blood like a vampire, so how do you sustain your immortality? I myself have to live on the blood of the phoenix, my family’s blessed animal, until I’m old enough to survive on souls alone.” Flipping open a pad of paper, she glanced at Lucien. Her eyes widened on his wings, her eyes nearly popping out of their sockets. “You can fly, AND control the elements? Amazing!” She jotted a not on the paper. “So,” she said, looking at Lucien. “How did you become immortal in the first place?”

Her buzz was killed, however, when Lucien mentioned her medicine. Storing the pencil behind her ear, Ade cleared her throat. “Well, it’s not really medicine, like the humans see it. If the naming of it was left to a human, they would call it a ‘potion’ of sorts. It’s this thick, horrid tasting sludge, made from herbs that one can find in Hellinka. I have to drink it twice a day so the sperm donor can’t find me, and it suppresses whatever abilities I may develop, as I’m a hybrid,” she said with a sigh. “If I didn’t want the sperm donor near me, then I wouldn’t drink it. I’m also terrified of myself, since my mother, when pregnant with me, never stopped taking in souls. So when I was born, I was more powerful than my grandfather – who is the Reaper Grim, I might add – who is nearly 3 thousand years old, killing her shortly after I was born.”

Ade coughed, nodding in agreement. “Yes, I believe that would be best.”

((I am SO sorry about the delay! Forgive me!))
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:26 pm

"Oh, I dunno.... it might be more difficult than you think. I only have two fears, and I'm not telling you wither of them. But I have good reason for these fears of mine." Lucien said. And it was true... his only two fears were very small, cramped spaces (such as been stuck in a coffin) and been buried alive. Seeing as both of those had already happened to him (in a way), it was perfectly reasonable for him to fear it and not want anything like that to happen again.

"My immortality? I don't need anything to maintain it... I just am. I don't need blood or souls or anything like that. I guess I could say that I'm too good for Hell, Heaven doesn't want me and Limbo won't take me. Which is true, in a way, actually." Lucien pulled a face as Ade asked him how he became immortal. "Well... I guess it's a genetic anomaly or something. No one else in my family is supernatural at all. As it was, I didn't know I was immortal or meant to even be that until I died. You see, I got mugged back when I was still human, and I fought back. The next thing I know, I've got a knife stuck between my ribs and then I died. I floated up that tunnel thing, hearing the screams of the tortured souls in Hell, smelling the burning flesh and almost feeling the pain and suffereing coming from there. It was almost tanglible enough to cut through. It was, to be blunt, quite traumatic on my senses. Then I was almost blinded by a light that came from what I guess people would call Heaven or Paradise. I don't see how it'd be heavenly to go around the afterlife blind, though....
"But I digress. I ended up in neither of those places, but limbo, or purgatory or whatever you want to call it. The place in between. Did you know you appear in a main reception type place? I'd just died, and I was dumped in a waiting room! Anyways, I waited and the person who seemed to be the manager of the place came out and told me something had gone wrong, as I was meant to be immortal and shouldn't have died. It seemed my body hadn't developed at the speed it should have, which he said could have been down to something I might of eaten, which is rubbish if you ask me. So... I get kicked out of the afterlife to find myself six feet under and uncomfy cos of something sticking into my back. Now, I was really confused and scared at this point, so I guess my fully developed body was working on instinct. The earth on top of my coffin was pushed off, and then I used a blast of air to get out of the coffin itself. I looked around to see what was stuck in my back to find out I have wings. And that's how I found out what I am. I ended up finding out I'd been dead for a week, and got the letter to come here a couple of hours later. I decided I might as well, because I had nowhere else to go. After all, I'm dead to the friends I had in my old life, and to my family too."

To say Lucien wasn't much of a talker, he felt like hed just told a story, which he had. He guessed been here at Masquerade was making him a bit more social. If he'd been as blunt as he could sometimes be, it'd have been short and simple. Basically: 'Murdered. Kicked out of Limbo. Woke up six feet under. Got out. Found wings in my back. Realised what I am.' Then again, that was been a bit too blunt.

"Sperm donor?" Lucien asked, raising his eyebrow. As he listened to the rest of what Ade said, he found he was feeling a bit sorry for the lass. "So... this potion thing stops your biological father finding you, which sounds like it might be a bad thing to happen, but it also stops you getting your abilities? And you're more powerful than your grandad, who just happens to be the Grim Reaper? Jeez, and I thought how I came to be was complicated..."

Lucien nodded as Adele said it would be best if they set off to see Doctor Crusher.

"Her office is just this way, then." He said, and set off walking. "You'd have to go see her anyway. When people come here, they have to report any allergies they might have to the medical staff and get a check up. Just a quick go over. They seem to know the workings of most species of being. They didn't have much on Immortals, but they told me I wouldn't need to come see them again. I won't be getting ill again, and there's no chance of my dying either, apparently. And I found out that as an Immortal, I'm sterile. Like a mule.... No kids for me. Ever. I guess that's probably a good thing... I wouldn't want any mini-mes flying around, terrorising the world."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adele Roux Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Ade gasped, quickly covering it with a cough. She gave Lucien a smile, but her eyes looked distant, her thoughts far away from the immortal standing beside her. ‘It couldn’t be,’a voice of reason spoke, the voice calm. ‘You’re just imagining things, Adele. There is no possible way that you could have stumbled across one of them!’ She nodded slightly. The voice was right, there was no chance that out of the entire population on Earth, that she’d meet one of her grandfather’s experiments. Was just no way! Besides, they all usually died in their younger years. Maybe Luke was right. Maybe he was just a genetic anomaly! Then again, what if she was wrong, and he was one of the experiments? A few of them did survive until adulthood…

“No,” she murmured. “It’s not possible. Besides, Granddad would tell me if I was around one of them… right?” she chuckled slightly, shaking her head. Still…The thought of finding one of the experiments nagged her. What if she couldn’t get him away from the school in time, if he was one of the experiments? What if he didn’t believe her when she tried to get him away from everyone? She glanced at Lucien, biting her lip. “Ah, Lucien…When you met the ‘manager’ of Limbo, was he wearing an expensive-looking black pin-stripe suit, a black silk tie, dark blue shirt, and a matching handkerchief? A gold Rolex, perhaps?” Oh, she certainly hoped so. Then, that would decrease the chance of him being and experiment.

Ade, not paying attention, which was strange for her, tripped on the bottom step of the school sending the load in her arms flying. Sighing in annoyance, she stood back up, and gathered her belongings. Looking up at the school, she swallowed with anxiety, the first waves of worry washing over her. ‘What if I don’t do well in my studies, and Maman and Papa take me out of the school? Or worse, what if Granddad comes?’ she thought, taking a shallow breath. “How hard are the classes?” she asked him, struggling up the steps with her things. “I hope my room is close,” she murmured.

Before entering the school, she took a deep breath, hoping that she looked confident. Once inside, she found herself in a foyer-type room, with two doors to the right, one to the left, and an open archway, leading to a large staircase. Looking around, Ade saw that one door read ‘Guidance’, another ‘Main Office’, and the last ‘Clinic’. She walked towards the last door, the one of the left, assuming that’s where she needed to go as a new student.
Adele Roux
Adele Roux

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Lucien noticed Ade zone out, and heard her murmuring, though he couldn't quite make out what she was on about. He mentally sighed and rolled his eyes. Great, He thought. One of the people I decide to be nice with and welcome to the school, and she turns out to be crazy. Just my luck.

A thoughtful expression crossed his face as he thought on what Ade asked. He didn't really remember what the people had looked like. That after death experience had been like a dream, and everything was kind of fuzzy. He closed his eyes, trying to picture the guy, but his face wouldn't focus, and neither would his clothes, though he did remember a flash of gold on his wrist. And he had been wearing some kind of suit. His voice had seemed to have gone right through Lucien, and the way the guy had looked at him... that was something he wouldn;t be forgetting for a long time. He had looked at Lucien as if he could see into his soul (well, he had been dead, so it was his soul been looked at... but this seemed deeper than that), as if he could see everything Lucien was and what he had done. Like nothing he could do would ever be a secret. It had been creepy, to say the least.

"If I'm been honest, I can't really remember much about the manager. He was wearing a suit, I know that. And yeah, he had a gold Rolex. It's like trying to remember a dream - it's all fuzzy, and some of it feels just out of my reach. Like it's there, on the edge of my mind, but it doesn't want to be remembered. There's a little more I do remember about him, though. He was tall, he was thin.. and the way he looked at me gave me the heebie jeebies. It was like he could see right through me and see everything that I'd ever done, as if he could see what was going through my mind. I'm never going to be able to forget the way he looked at me.... It made me feel tiny, like a bug."

Lucien stepped forwards as Ade tripped on the bottom step, catching her arm. "Whoa, there." He said, and heped to pick up some of the stuff she'd dropped. "The classes? Eh.... some are easier than others. They're not all that hard, though. And we don't get too much homework, because they prefer us to focus on the artistic stuff. This is a performing arts school, after all. It means I get more time to practise my music playing, instead of spending that time doing maths homework. To be honest, I'm glad of that. A normal school would just be boring, and I'd be out of here if it was."

Following Ade through the door, Lucien looked at the signs, and saw the clinic one abve a door on the far left. He was going to point it out to Ade, but she seemed to have already noticed it and started walking towards the door. Lucien walked after her, deciding to keep an eye on this crazy girl. After all, he was the trouble maker at this school, and he didn't want anyone pushing him from his spot. Although, he had promised himself to not ccause as much trouble for a while. Not sicne the last trouble he'd got into had left him on reception duty for a month.

"Yeah, Doctor Crusher is right through there. Once you're done, you've got your timetable and map in the guidance room, and it'll tell you where you're sleeping and if you haver a room mate. Luckily for me, I don't. Or at least, I don't yet. And I hope it stays that way."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down