Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13))

4 posters

Go down

Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13)) Empty Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13))

Post  Bridge Scott Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 pm

“You have 10 hours, use it wisely.” Headmistress Hathaway’s echoed in Bridge’s mind. The rest of the students had fled the theatre in a panic, but Bridge had stayed. Nobody had tried to pull him away, because no one had been able to see him, except Headmistress Hathaway. There was something about her. Even when his illusion was up, he was sure she could see him. The other “special” students had revealed themselves to the human students, flashing fangs, changing forms, and summoning the elements to help them. Bridge had left his barrier up. It was his last defense against everyone. The students, the staff, the Strogoi.

Finally, after he hand looked around and made sure he was the last one there, he climbed onto the stage. He had to find Headmistress Hathaway and tell her about the book he and Ari Ravenwood had found about the Strogoi in the the secret room in the library. But he couldn’t find her. She had disappeared completely. He inspected the stage, the wings, back stage, but there was no sign of Headmistress Hathaway. He had to find her somehow. Bridge leaped off stage and headed toward the door, when he paused. There was someone else in the auditorium, near the front. He climbed back on stage, and dropped his illusion, so the person could see him. “Hey, you! Can you tell me what happened to Headmistress Hathaway?” Bridge called out, wanting to get their attention. He wondered why they were still here.
Bridge Scott
Bridge Scott

Location : I live in Narnia. Go to school at Hogwarts. Attend Camp Half-Blood in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13)) Empty Re: Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13))

Post  Draydinn Saxe Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 am

((OOC: Sorry this took so long Cam. I've been busy with life.))

“You have 10 hours, use it wisely.” That was the last thing Headmistress Hathaway had said standing on the stage. Bunches of other students reacted. Some showing off their special skills, seeing what they could do to fight the incoming danger.

Great, what can I do to help? Throw some fairy dust into the faces of the vampires and then flee? Gosh, I'm so useless! Draydinn thought to himself after the theatre had cleared. He was so caught up in his thoughts about what do to that he didn't even notice the others leaving, or the strange kid who suddenly appeared on the stage.

“Hey, you! Can you tell me what happened to Headmistress Hathaway?” The kid called out, trying to get Draydinn's attention. It worked too, because suddenly Draydinn's head snapped up to look at the strange kid on the stage.

The boy had dirty blonde hair and dark grey eyes. Eyes that looked like they could stare into your soul. Draydinn shook his head at the idea. It was ridiculous. Ridiculous and stupid.

"Sorry...I haven't seen her," Draydinn said. He then looked around. "I'm sure she left like everyone else did.

Draydinn felt awkward, and a blush started creeping up onto his face. He didn't know how to answer this guy's question. He just wanted to leave suddenly; go to his room. Read a book or something.

"I think I might leave...catch you around? By the way, my name is Draydinn." He waved off the boy and started walking to the door, unsure of where he would go, when he heard a creak behind him, as if some paranormal specter had stepped on an old, rotting piece of wood.
Draydinn Saxe
Draydinn Saxe

Back to top Go down

Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13)) Empty Re: Headmistress Hathaway? ((Draydinn, Open; PG13))

Post  Bridge Scott Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm

"Sorry...I haven't seen her," The boy said. He then looked around. "I'm sure she left like everyone else did.” He began to blush, looking like he didn’t want to be there anymore. Bridge looked at him, a skeptical look on his face. “Surely you saw where she went. I mean, you’re sitting right there.”

"I think I might leave...catch you around? By the way, my name is Draydinn." Something clicked inside Bridge. The bed that always looked slept in, the extra clothes in the closet, the other toothbrush in the bathroom. He threw up his illusion, instinctively, and leaped off the stage, the old wood creaking under him.

Bridge ran at the boy, slamming into him before he could reach the door. He stood, looking at Draydinn. “You’re not going anywhere. If you are who I think you are, you’re coming with me. We’re going to the library. I found a book that may be able to save Masquerade, but I need your help to get it. Got me?” Bridge said, still invisible to Draydinn. The Strigoi book was hidden in the secret room, and the last time he was there, the door slammed shut and he was trapped. If he left Draydinn outside of the room, he should be able to open the door.

Bridge started toward the door, looking back at Draydinn. “You coming?”
Bridge Scott
Bridge Scott

Location : I live in Narnia. Go to school at Hogwarts. Attend Camp Half-Blood in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Arriane Ravenwood Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:41 pm

((Am I alright to join this thread?))
Arriane Ravenwood
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

https://masquerade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Draydinn Saxe Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:41 am

((Yeah, I don't care Smile ))

“You’re not going anywhere. If you are who I think you are, you’re coming with me. We’re going to the library. I found a book that may be able to save Masquerade, but I need your help to get it. Got me?” Draydinn flinched a little when the voice spoke. It came from nowhere, and startled him. Then again, wouldn't a voice coming from seemingly nowhere startle you too?

Suddenly the strange kid was there looking at him, right in front of the door. Draydinn had no escape, as badly as he wanted to leave. “You coming?”

Draydinn stood there, still shocked. So shocked, he was practically paralyzed. His body wouldn't move, and whenever he tried to speak, no words came out of his mouth. It was a dreadfully awful feeling, and he didn't know how to break it. So he kept standing there with a blank look on his face, still trying to form some sort of word.

"What?" That was the best Draydinn had been able to come up with. Standing and looking like an idiot, and the best he had been able to come up with was one word: what. He didn't even know why he was asking. Although, for some reason it all made sense; at least to him.

What on earth does he even want me to do? Steal a book from the library? Can't he just do that on his own? Why does he need my help? The questions kept slipping into his head, but no answers seemed to appear.

This time Draydinn felt a little more confident, and made his question more demanding. He wanted an answer. All Draydinn wanted was to leave, and now it seemed he was going to get dragged into some idiot's plan to steal a book. He just wanted to know why he was asked, and not someone else. He wanted to know what was going on. "What?"
Draydinn Saxe
Draydinn Saxe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arriane Ravenwood Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:09 pm

((Okies... I shall jump in soon...maybe let you guys get a few more posts in first so Ari can find a better time to enter the thread...))
Arriane Ravenwood
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

https://masquerade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:13 pm

((When I manage to get on my mum's laptop again, I think I might also join th thread *nodnod*))
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridge Scott Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:42 pm

((That's great guys! Cool In the meantime, however, I'm gonna go ahead and post.))

"What?" Bridge stopped short. He was sure he had made himself clear, and he wasn’t used to people questioning him. He wasn’t used to people seeing him, either.He fidgeted with his arm bandages, trying to think of what to do. His plan really was quite simple. He’d take Draydinn to the library and down the secret passage. Bridge would enter the hidden room, and if the door slammed shut like it did last time, Draydinn would be on the other side, where he could open it and let Bridge out. That’s when Bridge realized it was a really stupid idea. There was no guarantee Draydinn would let him out, especially with the way he had just acted. He would probably leave Bridge to die in there, and no one would be the wiser, because no one knew he was at Masquerade. But that was Bridge’s own damn fault. Draydinn was staring right at him, and Bridge realized he had dropped his illusion. He almost thought about putting it back up, but it really didn’t matter anymore. The human students knew about the others, and the school was doomed. It really wasn’t any use keeping up any sort of illusion.

"What?" Draydinn said, a little more forcefully. “Never mind.” Bridge said, not looking Draydinn in the eye. “It doesn’t matter anymore. Go, find your friends. Say your final good-byes. Train. Do what ever. We’re doomed anyway. No stupid book’s gonna be able to save us. Besides, there’s nothing I can do. I’m only a....” Bridge stopped short. He wasn’t sure if Draydinn was a human or something...different. Then again, he had already seen Bridge disappear and re-appear. He took a deep breath. “I’m only a Changeling. Fairy boy with no powers. What good am I?” Besides, Bridge thought to himself, it would be best if I took Ari to get the book. She already knew about the secret passage, and how to navigate it, and Bridge had pointed the book out to her on their first trip in there. Anyway, she didn’t want anyone else knowing about the passages or about her book. Something began to gnaw at Bridge’s mind. Something he saw in the book, something about the theatre. It was important to finding Headmistress Hathaway, he was sure, but he couldn’t for the life of him, figure out what he was forgetting. Maybe that’s why he forgot it.

Bridge stepped out from in front of the door, allowing Draydinn to pass. “Like I said. Find your friends and say your final good-byes, because Masquerade is doomed. I know what we’re up against, and they will not stop until every student and teacher is either dead or a Strigoi.” Bridge silently began to walk toward the stage, shoving his hands in his pockets. He slowly started to build his illusion around him, giving him the appearance of a ghost walking away into nothingness. Soon he was completely invisible, stills staring at the ground. He made it to the stage and climbed up, sitting cross-legged on the cold wood. He placed his hands on his knees, staring out over the theatre. It was cold, empty, desolate, just like Bridge. His shoulder wound still hurt a but, but it had stopped bleeding. So, that was it. Bridge would spend the last hours of his life sitting on a stage. Maybe he would get lucky. Maybe his illusion would be enough that the Strigoi would miss him. Maybe he would survive. But chances were good no one else would. Masquerade would be obliterated, and the only person left would be someone nobody knew existed.
Bridge Scott
Bridge Scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down