Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I'm the New Girl...

2 posters

Go down

So I'm the New Girl... Empty So I'm the New Girl...

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Alice stepped out of the broken-down car with a superior air. She looked behind her and smiled; her servants were waving a large flag that said GOOD LUCK ALICE. Alice nodded and shouted, "Thank you!" then made her way to class. However, she was delayed by somebody knocking her to the ground. Alice stood up, after brushing herself off, and yelled, "OI! Watch where you're going!" She looked up to see who had knocked her over.
(taken from my RP example. I just thought it would be fun to mess with and see what I could do with it.)
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

http://aphroleplay.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

So I'm the New Girl... Empty Re: So I'm the New Girl...

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Lucien looked both ways before leaving the room he had stayed in overnight. It hadn't in fact been his room, but the room of a girl who seemed to have taken a liking to him. Hopefully her boyfriend wouldn't find out. Not that it mattered - it wasn't as if he could hurt Lucien anyways. It was one of the upsides of been immortal. Of course, having his throat torn out by a werewolf could hardly be a pleasant experience.... but last night definitely had been.

Looking at his watch, Lucien noticed that he was meant to be in class soon. Joy. He had art first thing, a lesson he despised. You'd think at 21 years old, he wouldn't have to attend lessons anymore, but no... There was no rest for the wicked. Or the handsome.

Rushing down the corridor, Lucien felt the breeze of the front doors been opened but didn't notice the person who had come through.

"OOF!" Lucien's breath went out of him for a second and he nearly fell over. Next thing he knew, a voice called at him to watch where he was going. Looking down at the new person, Lucien cocked an eyebrow. "Hello small person. Sorry about that."

Been 6 feet tall, a lot of people tended to be smaller than him. Lucien liked pointing that out. The girl looked to be just over 5 feet tall, with blonde hair in pigtails and wearing glasses. She seemed like a more grown up version of the girl from Matilda who got thrown out of the window by her hair. And she was human. Pure, boring regular old human. No powers, like Ivy with her Wiccan magic, no psychicness, nothing. Well, probably some talent, but nothing supernatural. Yawn.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:34 pm

"SMALL PERSON?!" Alice thundered. "I AM NOT A MUNCHKIN!"
 Goodness, who does he think I am? Some sort of a regular, boring person? I swear, I have seen better people in my life. I mean, COME OFF IT, you're talking to yourself again
 Alice looked at the butler, who had put his face in his hands. "Miss Alice...come here now."
 "Yeah?" Alice walked over to him.
 "You forgot this." He walked to the trunk. "Your parents would have liked it if they could see you with it." He pulled an ornate sword out and put it in its scabbard. "And remember to—"
 "Always keep your guard up," Alice finished proudly. "That's the Kirkland motto." She fastened the scabbard to her belt. She walked back to the boy who had knocked her over.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 pm

"Hey, don't worry about it. There's shorter people than you here. Compared to me, lots of people are munchkins." Lucien watched as the girl, who seemed to be called Alice, was called over by a... butler?

Oooooh, a rich person! Well, this should be fun. Rich humans are always easy to annoy... it comes with that sense of entitlement. Of course, I'm probably going to be the same in a couple hundred years. Lucien thought.

As Alice walked back to him, Lucien eyed the sword she had been given. So, it was a family heirloom? She had best keep a close hold of it. There were rumours going round that one of the students was an international art thief. And he was a human too!

"You know, we're not really supposed to carry weapons around here... so you'd best keep it hidden in your room somewhere." Lucien told her. "Not that I'm gonna be a snitch and get you in trouble. I am, after all, a very cool person. And one of the biggest trouble makers here."

That was almost an understatement. There had hardly been a week go by where Lucien hadn't been in trouble. The only reason he hadn't been kicked out of Masquerade was because he'd cause too much trouble out in the big wide world, so it was safer for everyone if he stayed. And it was comfy here, there were people to wind up all the time, interesting supernatural people (not that the regular humans knew about them. It was the big secret of the school) and the food was excellent!
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 am

"I bet you are," Alice muttered. "This sword is the only proof of my inheritance. My mom and dad were brilliant. They slayed demons for a living. Got pretty rich doing it, too. Then," she whispered. "They got a little too brave. They tried to kill it, but then—" She threw her hands into the air. "Boom...it used its stupid powers and blew them up!"
She punched the ground. "I just hate it when people with powers act so high-and-mighty and never give us humans a chance! I don't know what it's like where you are from, but in my town...to most power freaks...mortals are ignorant fools! I'll show them...'you're just a useless child, Alice'. 'You'll only get hurt, Alice'. Just they wait!" She pumped her fist. "I will find the demon and slaughter it! I will prove the Kirklands are nothing to joke about!"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:28 am

"It might be your inheritance, but it also looks like it's worth quite a bit, and not everyone here is a perfect example of a person... You don't want it to go missing. And like I said, a teacher sees you with that, it's big trouble for you." Lucien said.

As Alice mentioned demons and 'power freaks', his face went blank. It was reasons like this that the supernatural kept themselves to themselves. Humans didn't understand them, and what they didn't understand, they grew scared of. That worked alright in the past, but eventually, fear turns to hate, and hey presto! You end up with people hunting them down cos they think that been different means you're evil.

Well, it was true sometimes. But mostly, it wasn't.

Still... this human was from a demon hunting family. She might know about other supernatural beings as well, so it was best to play it safe. Lucien didn't have to reveal what he was, but it was easy to act like he was in the know.

"Listen... Alice, wasn't it? I'm Lucien. Look, I've been here long enough to figure out this place isn't what it seems. I found out the big secret... As far as I know, there's no demons here yet. But yes, there are other supernatural beings. However, they like to keep quiet about what they are and what they can do. They come here to be safe from hunters and to try and lead a normal life. You know about their existence, but most of the people here don't... so it'd be best if you kept quiet about it." He kept his voice quiet, sounding anxious. "It's not nice calling them power freaks, by the way... and most mortals, the ones that don't know about their existence, are ignorant fools. But that's a good thing. I doubt your family are anything to joke about, otherwise they wouldn't have done so well demon hunting... but you can't let your anger and frustration bring down everything this school stands for. It's a fragile balance at the best of times, keeping the secret and making sure the Fae behave, that the werewolves don't turn in the school, that vampire don't bite anyone... One little push is all it would take to cause total chaos. And that's not good for anyone, human, magic, or supernatural."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Alice nodded. "It's probably different here than it is in my village, anyways. I was teased for having no powers. All the other kids could fly, make windstorms appear, and even more than that. Meanwhile, I was the geeky mortal who had nothing but her inheritance and her servants. After a while, I just stopped going outside. But I know it'll be different here. I just have this feeling." She grinned. "I promise, this school will not be affected by me in any way!"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:35 pm

"Actually, I'd say it's different over the rest of the world. Your village was an exception... people don't really know about the existence of the supernatural. It's probably there somewhere, that;s why there's the stories, but they don't believe or know it's real. Not any more." Lucien smiled as he heard Alice say she wouldn't affect the school in any way. "Hey, I'm not saying don't have fun or affect the place... just don't let the secret out. If people want you to know what they are, they'll do it in their own time. Don't try to guess or force it out of them. And... if we ever do get a demon coming here, please try not to kill them. I doubt they're all bad."

Looking around the Main Entrance hall, Lucien saw that the Receptionist wasn't about.... whoever it was at the moment. They never seemed to last long. Some became drunks, some had mental breakdowns and others just went plain crazy.

Oh, and there was that one who got fired cos we got caught... Lucien smiled as he remembered that. It had been a good time, that was for sure. It was a shame she was gone.

"Right, as you're new here and no one's turned up to tell you anything about the place, I guess I'll have to. Lemme just grab your map and timetable." Going behind the desk, Lucien flicked through the mess of paper until he found the things he needed for Alice. "Right, here you go. You're going to need that map for the first couple of weeks, cos this place can be like a maze. We're not busting with students either, so your room is your own. Once we get busier, that might no longer be an option. As for food, the canteen is massive with a variety of foods from all over the world. We've managed to poach some of the best chefs as well, so the food is amazing! The canteen is always open too, so if you're hungry on break, you can go there... So yeah, here you go." Lucien handed over the documents, a smile on his face. "So, do you have any questions?"
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:42 pm

"That's pretty much it," Alice said. "Thanks. And I promise I won't let the secret out."
Something occurred to her. "Oh yeah, I never knew your name. Also, are you human like I am? Um...just curious."
She hoped it wasn't offensive in any way.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:46 pm

"Good. Things here get chaotic enough at times without everyone knowing the secret and panicking." Lucien said. The very thought that the whole school could possibly find out about the supernatural entities almost made him shudder. There'd be no peace for any of them. "My name's Lucien. I'm one of the older people here. I'm 21, but I still go to class, so you might see me about sometimes."

Lucien raised an eyebrow as Alice asked if he was human. He wasn't going to come out with it just yet. She'd have to earn the right to know what he was, and Lucien wasn't going to make that easy for her. But he'd be keeping a watch on this young lady... she had a fiery spirit, and would no doubt end up in masses of trouble.

"Yep, I'm totally 100% human. I wish I wasn't sometimes, but then I realise that actually, I'm quite happy not having to drink blood, or having a monthly issue... which makes me feel even sorrier for the female werewolves." Lucien laughed a little at that. It wasn't in the best of taste, but that was just his sense of humour.
"Still... that's a little bit of a blunt way to put it, even if it is straight to the point. Best not to ask anyone else. You'll find out about them in time. It's a trust thing, cos over the centuries, humans haven't exactly been the nicest of people."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:13 am

Alice could hear an unsure vibe in Lucien's voice when he said he was 100% human, but she let it go. This was her first real friend and she was not going to screw up. Besides, she could jump over that stone once it came.
"Yeah, I think I'd find it weird if somebody walked up to me and asked if I was human," Alice said. "Knowing me, I can put a restraining order on myself."
She swatted a fly away from her and looked at the gates without thinking. Of course. One of the unusually large demons from Northern Ireland just HAD to follow her. She facepalmed. "Urgh...of course it had to follow me..."
She looked up at it. It had bared its fangs.
"GO AWAY!" she screamed at it. "I CAN'T KEEP YOU IN LINE 24/7! I HAVE A LIFE, YOU KNOW!" She drew her sword. "Honestly..."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:24 am

"What the f-?!" Lucien exclaimed as he saw the demon. This sort of thing wasn't meant to happen! There were security measures in place to keep this sort of thing away from the school. This was the first time Lucien had ever seen a demon, and from what he knew, if one ever came to the school, it would be in human form.

But this one most certainly wasn't. It was big and purple, with giant ram horns and it's fangs were nearly as big. It was ugly, that was for sure.

Unfortunately, one of the only rules Lucien followed was the no weapons one. He had no need for one thanks to his powers... but he couldn't use them in front of Alice. he wasn't giving himself away, not just yet. He'd step in if he absolutely had to, but that was only if it was a life or death situation.

It was a good thing no one else was around. If any other humans saw this, there'd be screaming and panic. Taking a step back, Lucien looked at Alice as she pulled her sword.

"You're the demon hunter." He said. "I think I'll let you handle this."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

Alice smiled. "Right. Ranking the difficulty out of ten, I'd say about five...this should be quick..."
She charged forward with a battle cry and swung her sword wildly. The demon watched her attacks get faster and faster, swatting at them every time, suddenly lifting her up.
"Argh—let go–" She hit the demon in the eye with the hilt of her sword. It dropped her; Alice fell but caught her balance. "This one is hard..." She blocked its large hand from grabbing her again.
"Right—get ready to throw—the chest area is open—" she muttered and threw the sword at its heart. The beast stood still for a moment then fell over dead.
"There. Done. Those are my skills. Alice slumped to the ground. "So exhausted..."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Lucien watched as Alice expertly dispatched the demon. He was impressed. The girl was stronger than she looked and definitely knew how to handle a blade. After she killed the demon, she slumped over, obviously exhausted. It wasn't surprising, seeing as the sword no doubt had a bit of weight to it, and she had swung it quite quickly.

Now the problem was that there was a dead demon in the hallway and the blood (which looked to be a green-ish colour) was spreading over the floor.

"You go to your dorm, Alice. I'll sort this out After all, we don;t want you getting into trouble on your first day." Lucien said. He walked over to the demon and grabbed it's armpits, hauling it out of the hall and leaving a trail of green blood on the floor. "I'll get that cleaned up once I've sorted this out. Go on, off you go."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:34 pm

Alice slowly got up and walked drowsily to her dormitory, reading the map as she went. "Left turn here, go up these stairs, right turn—AH! Here it is!" She opened the door slightly and put her sword and luggage. She then sat down on her bed and relaxed herself. "Now, Alice, let's see what we can do about your clothes," she told herself, and walked to search her trunk. "Dress, skirt, skirt, pants, dress, here we are! A shirt!" She took off her demon bloodstained shirt and put on a long-sleeved sweater. "Lovely."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:54 pm

Once Alice had left, Lucien took the body round the front of the building, making sure he was out of view of any of the windows and that there were no people around. After he was certain he wouldn't be seen, he focused on his ability to control the elements, summoning fire and burning the body to ashes, then used his power over air to blow the ashes and smell of burning away.

Returning to the building, he got a mop and bucket and washed the blood away, moaning and grumbling to himself as he did so. He hated cleaning his own mess up, and hated cleaning up after others even more, but this was something that had to stay hidden.

Still, it had definitely been an eventful start to the day.

"That's one newbie in... I wonder how many more there's gonna be?" He asked himself.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Alice looked at her appearance. "Better. Except," She tugged at her pigtails. "This is a rat's nest." She brushed her hair, feeling much better looking more like Alice than a hobo. She walked downstairs and saw Lucien mopping up the blood from the demon attack.
"Do you need any help?"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:37 pm

"Not here I don't. It's all done - no demon laying around to get found, and no demon blood either." Lucien said. Then a thoughtful look crossed over his face. "So that one followed you, did it? You sure you've not been cursed or anything, to make demons hunt you? You won't get kicked out cos of it, the school will try to help if that's the case. But this is meant to be a safe place, for all the students and we can't have demon attacks like that happening."

Alice had obviously cleaned herself up a bit since she arrived. Her clothes were clean and her hair looked like she had just brushed it. Part of Lucien really wanted to send a tiny little bit of static electricity her way, just to make her hair fuzzy and mess it up, but he resisted the urge. No point in giving himself away by pulling a stupid prank like that.

Luckily for Lucien, he hadn't been anywhere near the demon when Alice had stabbed it, and not a single drop of it's blood had got on him when he dragged it away. He was a little sweaty from running to the hall and from dragging the demon out, but that didn't matter. What did matter was he had to get to Art class, or he'd be put on Reception Duty again. The very thought made him shudder.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Alice shrugged. "I don't know. I never knew what caused that. I doubt I'm some sort of a demon magnet, though. I'd have figured out by now." She shrugged. "If only they could stop bugging me, though."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Lucien smiled as Alice said she wished they'd stop bugging her.

"Well, I think you've just got lucky coming here. I don't know how that one got through, but this school has security measures in place to keep that sort of thing out and keep students safe. You'll be at peace here." Looking at his watch, Lucien felt a bit of panic rising. If I get stuck with Reception Duty again, I'm gonna wish I could die.... Just so I can get out of it.

"Anyways, I need to get to class now. I'll see you around, mkay?"

And with that, Lucien was on his way. He had a feeling that he'd be seeing more of Alice. And maybe one day, he'd let her in on his little secret about himself. Maybe.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:09 pm

"Okay!" Alice said. When Lucien was gone, she smiled. "Oh, my gosh. I just made a friend!" She laughed. "Good job, Alice. Now all you have to do is give up on the demons and then you are on the road to Normal Land." She laughed again. "As if!"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum