Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chance Dunway

3 posters

Go down

Chance Dunway Empty Chance Dunway

Post  Chance Dunway Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 pm

The Basics:
First or second character?: First
Name: Chance Matthew Dunway, Jr.

Species:
Human

The Other Stuff:
History:
Chance Matthew Dunway, Jr. was born to Sandra and Chance Dunway, Sr. in none other than the beautiful Sydney, Australia. After that, it’s fuzzy to him, because his family’s house burned down when he was 5, killing everyone inside. He happened to be at a friend’s that day, and was spared from the blaze. The now orphaned Chance was sent to live with his mother’s sister and her husband, Daniel and Marie Brandstetter in sunny ole’ Napa, California, land of wine and grapes.
It was here, on the Brandstetter’s vineyard, that Chance discovered one of his favorite hobbies, horse riding. But of course, nothing in his life is more important than the event that were set in motion the day he turned sixteen.
“That’s the 12 time this month you’ve asked for money,” Dan was roaring at him, “You want cash, boy? You gotta work for it!”
Marie silently set her hand on her husband’s shoulder, and Dan visibly calmed. “Tell ya what, kiddo. I’m in serious need of another hand. I’ll pay you the same as I pay Dex. Do we have a deal?”
Chance nodded, flinching when Dan called him kiddo. But it was a way to get some cash, so Chance took it. That’s where he met Dex Lidnt, Dan’s only ranch hand, and more importantly, Dex’s little sister, Lynn. The two became fast friends, and Chance’s feelings for Lynn grew past friendship. But enough of that mushy romance stuff, let’s fast forward a year.
“That’s the sixth one this year. The police are dumbfounded. Kiddo, I’m not sure if I want you going to that party this weekend, not with that ‘White Wolf’ character about.” Dan said, setting down the morning’s paper.
Chance looked up from his bowl of Cheerios, a confused look on his face. “Whut?” he said through a mouth full of cereal, before swallowing. “Oh, that. Dan, he’s an art thief, what’s he gonna be doing at a club? Besides, it’s ‘New Generation’, the party of the century! And don’t worry. Lynn’s gonna be there, Dylan’s gonna be there, and Vix is gonna be there. I’ll be fine.” Chance knew the real reason he would be fine. The White Wolf would be a the party, because Chance himself was the art thief. He was looking for a thrill that not even the party scene could give him, so he turned to art theft.
Anyway, that weekend, at the rave, the band “Double Crossed” had just finished their last set. The bassist came and sat down, his hot pink Fender slung across his back.
Chance’s mouth dropped open. “Dude, sweet axe. Where’d you get it?”
The bassist smiled, “I had it custom made.”
The last word was punctuated with the sound of a door being broken down.
“Police, everybody down!” Someone commanded. “We have reason to believe the White Wolf is here!”
Chance cringed, Dex’s words from earlier replaying in his head. “You keep my sister safe now, ya hear?”
Chance stood up. “I’m the White Wolf,” he said.

-Six Months Later-
At Chance’s trial, the judge pardoned him of all crimes, handing him a black envelope, with a smile and a wink.

Personality:
Chance is hard working, fun loving, and a total liar. He lies about everything. How do you think he got away with the White Wolf heists for so long? He’s also completely klepto. He may be sweet, he may be nice, but he’s a total viper. He’ll show you a false face, wait for you to befriend him, then stab you in the back, with a rather large knife. Then he’ll steal your jewelry from your dead body. So all in all, stay away from him. And don’t let him near knives. Or art galleries. Oh, and he loves to play bass. He wants to play bass in band. That’s why he’s at Masquerade. For music.

Appearence:
Chance has black hair that’s longer on the top than it is on the sides. He likes to keep his bangs plastered to his forehead. His skin is light, with only the slightest hint of a tan. His eyes are a snowy grey. Chance is about 6’1”, 135 lbs. He’s lean, with just a little bit of muscle definition. His style of choice is skater, ala skinny jeans, and converse. His shirts are normally black, dark blue, purple, and yes, pink, tee shirts over long sleeved shirts. But he hides his face with his jacket hood, and is hardly ever seen without his Fender Bass strapped to his back.

RP Sample:
Chance sat in one of the farther corners of the vineyard, on the back of his Palomino mare, Veritas. Dex came riding up on his own grey stallion, Kero. “Sumthin on your mind, kid?” Dex’s deep, quiet voice pervaded Chance’s ears. “Honestly? Yeah. But I’m not gonna bother you with it.” He turned, a slight smile on his face. “I think Marie’s making chili. Why don’t we head back to the main house?” Dex offered, turning his horse. “Sounds like a great idea.”

(I'd like to apologize if the history reads like a book, and that the sample sucks.)

Last edited by Chance Dunway on Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chance Dunway
Chance Dunway

Back to top Go down

Chance Dunway Empty Re: Chance Dunway

Post  Arriane Ravenwood Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:21 pm

XD Nothin' wrong with a good book...
And Accepted! Welcome to the site and happy RPing!! ^_^
Arriane Ravenwood
Arriane Ravenwood
Admin

https://masquerade.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chance Dunway Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:09 pm

The Basics:
First or second character?:
Rebooted first
Name: Chance Matthew Dunway, Jr.

Species: Human

The Other Stuff:
History:
Los Angeles trust-fund babies are a unique breed of people, and Chance Dunway Jr. was no acception. The only son of a successful advertising executive, Chance was never really in want for anything. Anything his heart desired, he could have.

Chance’s parents, Kara and Chance Dunway Sr., found that money was the best babysitter for their son, and were never really there for their son. If anything, Chance was raised by his close friends while growing up, not really having a stern adult influence in his life.

This led to a very loose set of morals, best exemplified by skipping school to jet off to Europe for the day. But for Chance, it was all empty thrills. There was hole inside him that nothing could fill. The guitar he’d bought himself at age 12 helped to ease the emptiness, but not even that could completely fill the void in his life.

So he started to pull more and more dangerous stunts, becoming what his friends called an adrenaline junkie. Be it cliff diving in Mexico or urban parkour in France, there was nothing that Chance wasn’t willing to try to get his high.

So it shouldn’t come as any surprise when he turned to a life of crime. It started off as a stupid idea, just something to talk about. Steal a painting, a portrait of a white wolf, from a gallery downtown. None of his friends thought he’d actually do it.

And yet, a news report surfaced a couple of days later saying that a painting had disappeared from a downtown LA art gallery. When his friends asked if he’d stolen it, Chance didn’t say anything, instead only smiling.

The painting had turned up in an alley a week later. Chance was only in it for the act of stealing. He didn’t want or need the paintings. They were only a means to an end for him.

Chance began to steal more and more, becoming known as the “White Wolf” because of the snowy canid mask he wore over his face, a nod to the first painting he ever stole.

His heists became more and more daring, until he decided to target the Louvre in Paris.

Big mistake.

Chance was caught, and of course, there was some trouble with the law. Trouble his father’s lawyers were able to get him out of, on the condition that he be moved to a facility where he could be watched at all times.

A place like Masquerade, a performing arts school in the states. Chance would be placed there to study music, and the staff would be able to keep an eye on him. All he had to do was keep his head down, because imagine the ruckus it would cause if people found out that one of their classmates was an international art thief.

So, Chance packed up his stuff, slung his guitar over his back, and headed off to another chapter in his life, wondering what adventures it would bring.

After all, he was always seeking a new thrill.

Personality:
“Snot-nosed brat” might be an oversimplified term, but it describes Chance Dunway pretty accurately. He’s just as entitled as you’d expect a trust-fund baby to be, coupled with the mindset of an adrenaline addicted thrill seeker. This does not make for a boy who thinks things through before he does them. Chance is very act-first-think-never, and very rarely considers the ramifications of his actions. He is not afraid to stab people in the back to get what he wants, and as his past proves, his morals are less than admirable.

The only time he mellows out is when he’s playing music. When he’s on the guitar, Chance becomes quiet and focused, and it’s almost impossible to bring him out of his revery. Not that one should try, because if they do, they risk his wrath, and that is not a pretty sight.

Appearance:
If you asked Chance, he would describe himself as devilishly handsome. His short dark hair is almost always styled, and he has a soft, almost inviting face. His two most useful weapons are his grin and a wink from his blue-grey eyes.

His clothing style reflects his lifestyle: expensive. Chance likes to wear the best from all the top labels, and he knows he looks good doing it. Most of the time his clothes show off his muscular frame, either hugging the curves of his muscles, or just outright exposing his sunkissed skin.

RP Sample:
Chance looked down at the pool of water before him. Forty feet up, it looked no bigger than a kiddie pool. The roar of the waterfall next to him only served to egg him on more. Most people in his situation would be nervous, but not Chance Dunway. Oh no. He laughed in the face of danger, and then proceeded to run right into it.

Which was how he found himself at the top of a cliff in Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, about to jump into the water below. There was a group of his friends behind him, cheering him on. Of course, Chance would be the first to take the plunge.

He was always the first to do much of anything that was pretty stupid. Not that it had ever stopped him before.

He took a moment to readjust his swim trunks, then motioned for his friends to clear a path. Chance took a couple of steps back, then took off at a run, sailing over the edge of the cliff and down towards the water below.

The rush he got from falling was exhilarating. As he fell, he twisted himself into position, hitting the water like a speeding bullet. The liquid slowed his momentum considerably, and he was able to pull out of the dive and swim to the surface.

“C’mon in guys, the water’s fine!” Chance teased, a cocky grin painted across his face, his bangs sticking to his forehead.

((Also, if it’s at all possible, I’d like to change my portrayer to Robbie Amell))
Chance Dunway
Chance Dunway

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:30 pm

Brilliant rework! And sure, you can change your portrayer if you want. I'll see if we've got a Face Claim thread, but I don't think we have.

EDIT: It turns out we do. I'll get it changed for you now
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down