Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting Fresh [Open]

3 posters

Go down

Starting Fresh [Open] Empty Starting Fresh [Open]

Post  Devin Tyler Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:28 am

Devin tried not to look too doubtful as he hauled his suitcase through the main entrance. To be fair, he wasn’t exactly doubting how things would go at the new school. He was actually quite looking forward to it. Before starting high school, he had begged his parents to attend a dance-specific school. The Conservatory in his hometown had seemed like the ideal place to go. Much to his dismay, however, his mom and dad had informed him that they could not afford to send him to a private school. Instead, he would have to be content with public school and the dance electives offered to him. It had worked for a while, but now that he was enrolled in a performing arts school, Devin was more than ecstatic. The problem arose from the fact that he was starting at the new school in the middle of his sophomore year of high school. It just felt like an odd time to move, and he wasn’t sure how he would be received.

Additionally, he was leaving his last school because he had burst into a rabbit right in the middle of class. What if that happened at this school, too? Not only would it be embarrassing all over again, but it would break his heart if he had to leave a school that was so clearly made for him. Both of his parents had told him he could learn to control the shifting, but at this point, Devin had no idea how to do that. Frankly, he wasn’t entirely sure how he had managed to turn into a rabbit in the first place. Dad told him it would help if he wasn’t always thinking about becoming an animal, but that wasn’t exactly easy. The harder he tried not to think about it, the more he did.

Hopefully he could make a friend soon. If he could make friends, he could keep himself busy. Devin always did better when he was busy. If that didn’t work for some reason, he could always find the dance studio. He was comfortable on a stage or in an open space where he could move. It didn’t even matter if he had an audience or not. Dancing put him in his own world where he was happy, safe, and comfortable. Reaching for that little glimmer of hope, Devin prayed he could make a friend who was as interested in dance as he was. If he could manage that, everything would be perfect.

Devin Tyler

Back to top Go down

Starting Fresh [Open] Empty Re: Starting Fresh [Open]

Post  Lucien Davis Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:22 am

Lucien was in the Main Entrance hall on Reception Duty... again. It seemed to be the teacher's favourite punishment for him, probably because they knew he hated it and hated having to put up with the new kids. It was also probably because they knew he wouldn't bother turning up to detention. He didn't have time for that, not when there were girls to chat up and a pub to go to.

One of the upsides to been 21 was that he could now drink. One of the downsides of been an Immortal was that it took a lot to get him drunk. So for Lucien, a night out was expensive... but he still had a lot of them. After all, what else was he supposed to spend his money on? He couldn't send anything home to his family (not that he'd want to anyway) because they all thought he was dead. He didn't have the attention span to read a book, and he was quite happy borrowing the school's instruments instead of buying his own.

He'd also turned out to be quite good at playing pool. All the extra practice he got helped, of course, and now Lucien played people for drinks and usually won. That made his nights a bit cheaper.

While he'd been behind the desk feeling sorry for himself, a new person had entered. For once, Lucien had actually done what he was supposed to and read the file. He'd had a good laugh at it. This new student was a shapeshifter, but the poor guy hadn't exactly got the best animal of the bunch. He could turn into a rabbit. A bloody rabbit! Not that he needed to let the kid know he knew his secret... but he could drop a couple of hints. Even if he hadn't known it, his sixth sense would have gone off, letting him know that Devin was supernatural.

"Hi there! I take it you're Devin? I've been waiting for you. As today's lucky Receptionist, it's my job to get you acquainted with your schedule," at this, Lucien held up a piece of paper, "and your map." He said, holding up the other bit. He didn't try to hide the boredom from his voice. He was been punished and was going to make sure everyone knew it. If he had a choice, he'd have no bothered turning up for this either, but the previous Receptionist had left after a particularly mischievous Faerie had somehow turned her room into a coral reef.

The fact that another Receptionist hadn't managed to handle the school was no big surprise. Something always happened to make them snap, or some of the thicker human ones didn't listen to the warning about not going past the boundary in the woods and ended up becoming werewolf chow. Lucien had managed to connect his stereo to the loudspeakers and took full advantage of it, playing Another One Bites the Dust to let the whole school know that yet another receptionist had reached their limit.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:36 am

Alice walked into the hall irritably. "Honestly!" she huffed. "I didn't mean to freak everyone out." Once again, she had gotten misty eyes over a piece of paper and doodled all over it, then looked up at the teacher with a glint in her eye. She had doodled a dead demon. "Swords," she had muttered. "I will kill you someday, horrible monster."
The teacher stared at her for a minute, then said coldly over several snickers, "That is not the answer. Detention for smarting off to me!"
"Smarting off?"
Now, here she was, holding a large bowl of pasta. "Here you go," she snarled, thrusting it at Lucien. "I'm supposed to assist the Receptionist." She noticed somebody she had never seen before. "Hm? Who's that? New student?"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

http://aphroleplay.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:47 am

Lucien smirked as Alice plonked the bowl of pasta in front of him. The young girl was supposed to assist him, a punishment for zoning out in class. The teachers also seemed to believe she had an unhealthy obsession with demons, though the fact that two had followed her to the school didn't help matters. Hopefully, those were the only two that would turn up.

"Cheers Alice." He said. Mmmm, pasta. It was one of Lucien's favourite foods. He looked over at Devin with a mischievous (and maybe slightly malicious) look in his eyes. "Oh yeah, we've got some fresh meat. Don't worry, I can handle it - I didn't get told you had to be here all day, and you've assisted me, so.... you can go now. If anyone asks, say I told you to go get on with your homework or whatever. Go on kid, off you go."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Alice smiled. "Thanks," she muttered, walking to her dormitory to do what she normally did; practice her swordsmanship.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

http://aphroleplay.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down