Masquerade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13] Empty Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13]

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:11 pm

Ugh, books.... so many books! Lucien practically shuddered as he entered the library. He'd promised Alice he'd try and help her get rid of some curse she had. Demons popping up out of the blue were not something anyone in Masquerade wanted. Especially not with all the stupid, ignorant humans around. They'd go crazy if they saw just a demon. Imagine how nuts thing would be if they found out the school's secret!

Normally, Lucien wasn't one to be relied on when it came to keeping a promise (there were so many girls he'd never called back...), but something about Alice fascinated him. He didn't know what it was, but he felt slightly protective of her.

Ugh, that was great. Attachments were not something he wanted. Not when he was immortal and everyone else was going to die some day. Not that he thought about that. He lived his life for him, and all he wanted to do was have fun. If it pissed people off, that just made it better.

They were in the occult section of the library, looking through books on curses and cures. So far, no luck, but they were bound to find something sooner or later.

In fact, it turned out to be sooner. Flipping through the pages, Lucien saw the title 'Demon Target Tracker Cure', right across the page from the curse itself. Looking through the list of the required ingredients for the cure, Lucien saw they were mostly things that were easy to get your hands on. Well, except for one thing.

Wing feather of an Immortal.

Well, that's great. He thought. I doubt Masquerade has one of those. And I don't know of any more Immortals here. I wonder how we're gonna sort this out?

"Hey Alice, I think I've found just the thing here. Come have a look."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13] Empty Re: Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13]

Post  Alice Kirkland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Alice walked over, laden with many books that had to do with her life; 'So You Are a Young Aristocrat', 'Oh Crud...What to do When About Fifty Demons Have Attacked You in Your Short Life', 'Dealing With Thieving Lowlifes', ect., ect.
"What is it?" She crossed her fingers, hoping that this was worth her time. All the other books had gone over what she already knew. She looked at Lucien hopefully. "Maybe it will solve my annoying problem."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

http://aphroleplay.freeforums.net/

Back to top Go down

Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13] Empty Re: Goodbye demons, hello Immortal (Alice) [PG-13]

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:26 pm

"It's a book about curses and cures. Mainly to do with demons... and I think I've found the solution to your problem. The school has almost everything you need, but this..." Lucien pointed to the part that said Wing feather of an Immortal, "this isn't something they've got. It's going to be difficult getting your hands on one."

Bollocks... what do I do? I could leave it, but that means the safety of the school is compromised, and people could get killed. Or... I could let her know about me. Those seem to be the only two options. Great. And I can't use it as bribery either, cos she's only 14 and that'd just be wrong...

There wasn't really a choice here. Lucien was going to have to give away his big secret. Alice was going to find out what he was. And after he'd played human when he'd first met her, too.

Taking a deep breath, he looked at Alice.

"But... I think I know where we can get one. Come with me." With that, Lucien started walking off to a quiet, out of the way area in the library, where there weren't any other people and no one to see what he was going to do.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:33 pm

Alice was confused. Was there a flea market in the library? She sighed, hoping the salesmen weren't shady, the customers weren't dirty, and that no demons would be around for her to have to slaughter. She nodded cautiously, the family motto ringing through her ears. 'Keep your guard up...'
She cursed under her breath. If a demon attacked, she'd have no way to defend herself, and defense was important...Her mind was whirring loudly, and she wanted desperately to shut it up. What if...? Not possible. Maybe...no. Perhaps....SHUT UP, BRAIN!
She followed Lucien. "Okay, so what is it?"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:44 pm

"Alright, listen up. You're the only human I'll have told this to." Lucien said. "That's right, I said human. When I told you I was 100% human... well, obviously, I wasn't telling the truth. The truth is..."

Lucien let the wings out of his back. The uncomfortable feeling that had come with it when he'd first found out he was Immortal had gone, which made it easier for Lucien to let the wings out of his back or fold them back into it. His wings were majestic, now reaching twenty feet from tip to tip, and were a deep, dark blue. They looked black until the light shined on them in a certain way, and then you could just make out the blue.

"The truth is, I'm an Immortal. As well as my wings, I can create and control the elements - earth, air, fire, water and electricity. And, as the name says, I'm immortal. I can't die. I'm not hundreds of years old yet, though. I really am just 21."

With that, Lucien plucked a feather out of one of his wings. Handing it over to Alice, he tucked his wings away. They disappeared back inside his back, so you'd never have a clue they were there.

"You can't tell anyone about this Alice. It's my big secret, and I'm trusting you. Don't let me down."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Alice was amazed. "Wow," she whispered, touching the feather with a befuddled look. "I never thought I would meet an immortal..." She slowly put the feather in her left pocket and smiled. "Thanks, Lucien. None of the Immortals I knew would do this for a mortal like me. I really am at your debt. None of the Immortals would help me because they thought it entertaining to watch me struggle. I guess it's different here than it is in Ireland." She gave Lucien a little hug. "You really are a good friend."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:13 pm

"Umm... okay." Lucien said, awkwardly patting Alice on the back as she gave him a hug. A friend? Lucien hadn't even thought about that. He wasn't the kind of person who'd had friends. He had people he'd occasionally talk to to pass the time, but he never saw them as friends. And, of course, he had many one night stands. But friends... that was something new for him.

Then something Alice said clicked.

"Wait... you sure they were Immortals? From what I've been told, we're really rare. Like, there's not even ten of us in the world. Most keep to themselves and stay away from people and each other. The very few times we've actually been seen, people mistake us for angels... or demons."

It was true. When he'd started Masquerade, he'd been told by the teacher's that no one really knew much about his species. No one knew how Immortals came to exist. The only thing they knew was they were so rare as to nearly not exist at all. They weren't exactly endangered or about to be extinct, because no matter what, they couldn't die. Unlike angels and demons, who had an immortal life span, but could be killed (though it was really hard to kill them).

He'd been the only Immortal to ever come to Masquerade. And, at only 21, he was by far the youngest. No one knew how old the oldest one was, though the teachers and people who'd tried to research his species had come to the conclusion that the first Immortal had probably come to be during caveman times.

"Anyway... we had probably better get this spell done so you're not bothered by demons any more. We'll take the book to Doctor Crusher. She should have the rest of the ingredients needed. And cos my powers can be counted as magic, I'll have to do the spell."

((Yeah, Lucien's not one of a kind, but he's not far off XD )))
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm

"Come to think of it, they could have been anything," Alice said. "My knowledge of the supernatural only goes as far as demons. This one guy got pretty angry when I mistakened him for a ghost. Said he was a spirit."
She sighed. "Well, I don't know my way around here. Where is his office?"
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:23 pm

"Yeah, I get confused sometimes as well. Some people can be really picky when it comes to what they are. Like with werewolves, they get really pissed off if you ask how they got turned if they were born one. Sometimes that sort of thing passes down through families. Not Immortals, though. We can't have kids. I guess nature has to try and balance itself some way. We're too powerful to be able to reproduce." Lucien smiled when Alice asked where Doctor Crusher's office was. "Doctor Crusher's a she, actually. Her office is near the main entrance. We might as well head there now. You coming?"

And with that, Lucien started walking. He was sure Alice would be right there with him. After all, she'd want the demons gone more than anyone. She needed to focus on school and training herself to kill the demon that killed her parents, instead of always worrying if one was going to pop up to try and finish her off.

((No need to start a new thread. We can carry on on this one))
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:52 pm

"Eh?! I'm sorry!" Alice said and followed Lucien. "Yeah, I'm coming."
She felt happy that she wouldn't have to swing her sword wildly at every single demon she laid eyes on. Alice frowned a little at the thought of last time, when she was deemed 'insane'. Honestly...
Her mind wandered to random things, such as 'why must I have such a thick accent?' or 'this skirt is scratchy'. Alice shook her head and sighed in relief. Today, all annoying demons would leave her alone. She tried ignoring the light blue one outside, snarling viciously at her, but then finally paused. Why would she leave it to attack the school? "Right, one more kill and it's over. Lucien...we have a problem. Again."
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 am

Lucien chuckled when Alice apologised.

"No need to say sorry, you didn't know. Besides, I never apologise. Never admit you're in the wrong, even if you are. Because that means backing down, and that's something I never do."

As Alice pointed out that they had a problem, Lucien sighed.

"Well, I'll help you this time. Let's get this over and done with so we can finally get rid of this damned nuisance."

With that, Lucien formed a fireball in one of his hands and surrounded the other with electricity while he stalked towards the monster. At the same time, he wondered where Alice had her sword. He hadn't seen it on her... was she going to fight this thing with her bare hands? He wouldn't put it past her. She was probably formidable at hand to hand combat.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:18 am

Alice looked around frantically. "Maybe..." She spotted a broken pipe leaning against the wall. "That will do for now."
Alice grabbed it. "Hey, when you've been over sheltered and living in an empty manor, you learn things." She shrugged. "Now, let's see..." Alice ran straight towards it, screaming curse words all the way.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:27 am

Lucien couldn't help but laugh as Alice ran at the demon with a bit of broken pipe, cursing so much that she could make a sailor blush. Who'd have ever thought that someone as small and innocent looking as her even knew such language, let alone used it?

As she ran, he blasted off a fireball that hit the demon in it's shoulder and quickly fired a bolt of electricity off after that, blowing one of it's horns off. That seemed to make it mad. Running towards the demon with Alice, Lucien felt a rush of adrenalin hit him, grinning like a maniac.

Of course, then he got too close and the demon stabbed at him with one of it's hands, impaling him with it's claws, then tossing him away like a ragdoll.

"Ahhh...!" Lucien groaned. He didn't feel pain like a normal person anymore, but getting stabbed through the chest wasn't comfortable. And it had ruined his t-shirt! Getting back to his feet, a look of utter rage appeared on his face.

No more Mr Nice Immortal. This demon was going back to hell, the fast way.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 am

Alice yelled in shock. "Lucien! You okay?!" She looked coldly at the demon, and brown orbs stared back. Big brown orbs...oh, crap...
She felt herself freeze in her tracks and knew. Alice had to tell Lucien. "Don't look into it's eyes! You'll freeze for about a day!" Finally, the demon's curse took over and she was frozen, a metal pipe in her hand. How could she have been so stupid? If she were not stuck in this position, she would be having an epic bang-head-against-the-stupid-wall session.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:58 am

"Yeah, I'm fine. Not a scratch on me, actually." Lucien said. "Wait, what?!"

The demon could paralyse you if you looked in it's eyes?! That was just bloody brilliant(!) With a yell, Lucien made two huge fireballs and blasted the demon with them, making it stagger back. Running to Alice, he grabbed the pipe from her frozen hands and ran at the demon, ducking under a swiping claw. It was a good thing the stupid things was big, because it meant Lucien didn't have to look at its eyes.

He stabbed it in the chest, then sent waves of electricity up the pipe, making sure that if the stab hadn't killed it, the millions of volts running through its body and frying it from the inside out would. He watched the demon shrink and disappear with a look of confusion on his face.

"The last one didn't do that... I had to burn it to ashes. Unless it wasn't completely dead when that happened..."

Damn, these things were harder to kill than he'd expected.

Running back over to Alice, Lucien had a very worried look on his face.

"Alice! Are you alright?" He hoped that now the demon was dead, the effects of it's paralysis curse would wear off.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:02 am

Alice desperately wished she could reply. All she could do at the moment was think it. 'Yes, I'm fine. I'm just stuck in this position for the next twenty-four hours. How are you?' She hoped that telepathy was part of the package of being an Immortal, otherwise there would be a lot of flipping out.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:15 am

"Alice? ALICE? Oh shit, shit, shit, fuck, BOLLOCKS!" Lucien shouted. He had a very foul mouth when he was wound up. Alice blinked a couple of times, but that was all Lucien seemed to be able to get from her. If only he was telepathic, he'd be able to hear her. But unfortunately for him, that wasn't one of the abilities he had. Deciding that the best thing to do was take her to Doctor Crusher, Lucien looked Alice dead in the eyes.

"Alice, I'm going to have to drag you to Doctor Crusher's office. This isn't going to be comfortable for either of us, but it needs to be done cos we can't have anyone seeing this. At the very least, we can get rid of the tracker curse and then Doctor Crusher can look after you when you unfreeze." He said. Then a thought occurred to him. It wasn't a particularly pleasant or normal thought, but it was also simple and understandable. "I really hope you don't need to pee while you're paralysed!"
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 am

'Ow, ow, ow..' Apparently Lucien was not telepathic. 'Stupid demons...'
This was incredibly uncomfortable. 'Look, I'm a human, not a dead body!' was a thing she'd probably be screaming right now. 'Now stop dragging me on the damn floor and treat me like a lady!'
Don't need to pee, he said. Jeez...almost all her senses had turned off. Unfortunately, pain wasn't one of them.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:29 am

Alice might not have been able to talk or move, but the expression in her eyes was clear enough. She was looking at Lucien with murder in her gaze. Lucien wondered why for a second, then guessed she probably didn't appreciate been dragged around. Either that, or she needed to pee and he'd just reminded her. But probably the first option.

Seeing as no one else was around (luckily), Lucien decided that it would be faster, easier and more comfortable for Alice if he used his abilities. Focusing on the air, he created a cushion around Alice that picked her up off the floor and made her float, going in the direction he was going in and making sure she didn't bump into anything.

Finally, they arrived at Doctor Crusher's office and Lucien opened the door, then brought Alice (still floating) through. It seemed the Doctor wasn't here at the minute, so Lucien set Alice down gently while he decided what to do.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 am

'Well...that's a little better...' Alice calmed down a bit. 'This wil definitely be added to my 100 Things to do Before You Turn 18 list. Huh...who'd've thunk that GET PARALYZED would be filled out?'
She looked over at Lucien. He was obviously worried sick. 'He shouldn't waste his energy on a girl like me. After all, all that I am good for is chasing down demons.'
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:52 am

Doctor Crusher still hadn't turned up, so while he left Alice where she was (as if she was going anywhere), he had a look around the office. He still had the book with him, so he knew which ingredients he needed. After finding them all, he went over to Alice.

"Listen, I promise I'm not trying to cop a feel. I'm just getting my feather for the spell." Reaching into Alice's pocket, Lucien grabbed the feather then went back to the book to read the instructions.

He set the ingredients up like the spell required, then looked at the wording. He couldn't understand or pronounce a single syllable of it. Luckily, it said at the bottom of the page that the wording was just a guideline and that as long as he could get the meaning of what he wanted across well enough, the spell would work.

Focusing on his power, but not releasing it in any elemental form, Lucien thought for a few seconds what to say to cast the spell. He wanted it to be short, precise and easily understandable. Then the perfect wording hit him. It was only two words, but the meaning was very clear. Taking a breath and making sure he still had hold of his power, Lucien shouted:

"FUCK OFF!"

He felt a release of energy and heard a crackle around him and got a sense that something was different. It seemed the spell had worked.
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:25 am

Alice was shocked. 'What the hell...?' Suddenly, she felt a small tattoo on her left arm disappear. 'The curse! It's gone! Bloody hell! It's gone!' She still couldn't move or speak, but her eyes were excited. 'Thank you.'
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:46 pm

Alice's eyes seemed to sparkle as the spell worked. Obviously, she couldn't do anything else while she was paralysed.

And then, as if on cue, Doctor Crusher came into her office. She seemed like she'd been rushed by some emergency, so for once Lucien kept his mouth shut and didn't make a rude comment. He respected people in the medical profession - they gave so much of their time and energy to helping others, curing illnesses and basically stopping people from dying. He'd never have to come here himself, but he knew it was a great place for others.

"Doctor Crusher, Alice here has been paralysed by a demon gaze. You better keep an eye on her and make sure she's fine when she comes round!" He told the Doc. Looking at Alice, he said "I'm going to have to go now. But you're in the best hands possible. And you're free from the curse, so welcome to a normal life at Masquerade... or as normal as it gets, anyway."
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alice Kirkland Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:08 am

Alice tried nodding, but of course it didn't work. 'Stupid, stupid paralysis. Well, my life is normal now. I wonder why I even have to deal with demons in the first place. Hmm...another disadvantage to this stupid curse. I can't ask for tea, with 4.7821 spoonfuls of sugar, 5.998 inches of whipped cream...' Soon she was describing her tea dream in detail to herself. 'What time is it?' Her eyes trailed to the clock. '10:00?! I need to catch some Zs! Oh, snap...' Her eyes had been wide open when she was paralysed.
Alice Kirkland
Alice Kirkland

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucien Davis Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:21 am

Lucien turned around and left the office, sure that the good Doctor would be able to take care of Alice. He'd be in the very next day to make sure of that. If she didn't, there'd be hell to pay.

While most people at Masquerade (well, the mortals anyway) would be getting ready for bed now, for Lucien it was time to go to the pub. He loved that he could get as drunk as he wanted on a night and not get a hangover. Plus, he'd gotten that good at pool (thanks to having so much practice at it) that he played for drinks now. SO whenever he beat someone, they had to buy him a beer. And he was really in the mood for a beer now.

The Royal Oak, here I come! He thought. Get ready to get me drunk for free!

Lucien was far from been a model student, but he didn't care. What was the point to living a boring life? He was going to be around forever, so he might as well have as much fun as he possibly could!
Lucien Davis
Lucien Davis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next